Setting up of Hallmarking Centers
Some primary requirements for setting up center is as follows:
1. 600 - 1000 Sq ft area in a prime, secured and commercial location. (Pollution certificate is mandatory, hence location should be identified as feasible by Local Pollution Control Board)
2. Investment capacity - 40 Lakhs & Above
3. Hiring Manpower including Assay Manager (Chemist), Operators, Receptionist and Admin. - Min 5 team member.
4. Economic viability study to assess ROI of the project, based on number of BIS Registered shops, manufacturers, traders, etc.
List of Items required :
- XRF Gold Testing Machine - should detect prohibited elements like IR, Ru, Os, Cd, etc.
- Laser Marking Machine - 20 / 30W
- Micro-Balance - 6 Digit precision & Semi micro balance along with Gold weighing Scale - 3 units in total.
- Full lab setup including Furnaces, Fume hood, Scrubber, Hot plate, Chemicals, Glassware, etc.
- Security Items such as - CCTV, Strong room or Safe locker, Fire extinguisher.
- Furniture & Fixtures like table, chairs, reception counter, etc.
- Computers, Online UPS, Diesel Generator atleast 15KW, etc.
- Consultant for BIS licensing.
- Consultant for Bank loans, Entity registration, etc.
For full list on equipments required for Hallmarking Center, Contact us.
Maxsell can support you with all necessary infrastructure and make your Dream of Hallmarking Center come true, Our team of Experts will put all the pieces together and setup the Center as per Govt Rules and Regulations without any deviation to ensure long term peace and success.
Contact us for more details.
Complete Set Up Of Hallmarking Centre
|Model Name/Number||MXGT Aurum5 SDD|
|I Deal In||New Only|
The scheme of Hallmarking was introduced in the country in the year 2000 under the certification scheme of Bureau of Indian Standards deriving statutory powers from the Bureau of Indian Standards Act of 1986. Under this scheme recognition is granted to the Hallmarking and assaying centers for Hallmarking of gold jewellery after ascertaining the purity as per the relevant Indian Standards. The jewellers who are holding Certification marks licence from the Bureau can bring the jewellery to the Hallmarking centre for ascertaining the purity and getting the mark of purity as per the Hallmarking Scheme after paying the necessary charges as approved by the Bureau.
This project is for establishing the Hallmarking Centre and operating the scheme of Hallmarking. As envisaged in the scheme the promoters of this organization are not having any particular interest in whole sale or retail or manufacture of gold jewellery and there for it can be categorically stated that there is no possibility of any clash of interest or external influencing factors in the functioning of the organization.
The assaying and hallmarking center is to be set up at locations which are established and / or upcoming centre in jewellery trade. The assaying centre should be situated in the most suitable location logistically, so as to cater to the needs over a wide region. Due to new rules of Pollution Control licenses, the location must be qualified for clearance of Pollution control board of local govt or local municipal body.
The jewellery trade in the country is expanding day by day. The Hallmarking Scheme of Bureau of Indian Standards, the statutory body for certification in the country, has been well accepted by the customers as the official stamp of purity of the Government of India. In order to protect the consumers’ interests no effort is spared by the government to spread hallmarking schemes. The Government of India has approved the cabinet proposal of mandatory hallmarking of all gold jewellery in the country and BIS has already initiated steps towards the same.
Presently less than 20% of the jewellery sold in the country is under the Hallmarking scheme. The Bureau of Indian Standards has taken necessary steps as mentioned earlier hallmarking mandatory. By all indications the jewellery trade also wants the volume of jewellery covered under the hallmarking scheme. It is expected that the Indian hallmarking scheme will get the approval of Vienna Convention within two years’ time so the hallmarking scheme of India will have acceptance all over the world facilitating easy export of jewellery with hallmark. It is expected that the business prospectus of hallmarking scheme has got very bright future.
The Bureau of Indian Standards has established IS 1418 according to which the testing of purity of gold jewellery is done. The hallmarking scheme is operated by the Bureau of Indian standards under which recognition is given to hallmarking centre for testing and marking of purity on the gold jewellery.
- Item Code: Hallmarking-Center
- Delivery Time: 4-6 months