Setting up of Hallmarking Centers
Indian Standard “IS 15820:2009 General Requirements for Establishment and Operation of Assaying and Hallmarking Centres” is the basis for recognition of Assaying and Hallmarking Centres. A centre desirous of obtaining recognition, after setting up of the Centre shall apply on the prescribed application form to BIS along with their Quality Manual, developed on the basis of Generic Quality Manual.
Some primary requirements for setting up center is as follows:
1. 600 - 1000 Sq ft area in a prime, secured and commercial location. (Pollution certificate is mandatory, hence location should be identified as feasible by Local Pollution Control Board)
2. Investment capacity - 40 Lakhs & Above
3. Hiring Manpower including Assay Manager (Chemist), Operators, Receptionist and Admin. - Min 5 team member.
4. Economic viability study to assess ROI of the project, based on number of BIS Registered shops, manufacturers, traders, etc.
List of Items required :
- XRF Gold Testing Machine - should detect prohibited elements like IR, Ru, Os, Cd, etc.
- Laser Marking Machine - 20 / 30W
- Micro-Balance - 6 Digit precision & Semi micro balance along with Gold weighing Scale - 3 units in total.
- Full lab setup including Furnaces, Fume hood, Scrubber, Hot plate, Chemicals, Glassware, etc.
- Security Items such as - CCTV, Strong room or Safe locker, Fire extinguisher.
- Furniture & Fixtures like table, chairs, reception counter, etc.
- Computers, Online UPS, Diesel Generator atleast 15KW, etc.
- Consultant for BIS licensing.
- Consultant for Bank loans, Entity registration, etc.
For full list on equipments required for Hallmarking Center, Contact us.
Maxsell can support you with all necessary infrastructure and make your Dream of Hallmarking Center come true, Our team of Experts will put all the pieces together and setup the Center as per Govt Rules and Regulations without any deviation to ensure long term peace and success.
Contact us for more details.